Thursday, February 21, 2013

Random Thoughts

1. Wendy's started using sweet pickles on their .95 hamburger instead of dill.  Bad decision.  Very bad.  Who likes those things?

2. If I get a front-row spot in the gym parking lot, does that mean I have to work out longer?

3. Why are people I know going nuts trying to find someone to choreograph and some singer/dancer's to perform at their event when I (gymnast, dancer, singer, teacher-of-gymnastics, teacher-of-kids-dancing) am sitting right here with the skills and talent pool of friends (even professionals) at my finger tips and have offered to help multiple times? 

4. I have tap shoes and ballet slippers on the front seat of my car and this makes me smile.

5. I was absolutely unphased about
      -I typed the above phrase and must have gotten interrupted because this saved in the draft.  Now I have no idea what I was unphased about.  And that is definitely phasing me.  What is this mysterious thing that doesn't phase me?  Blagh.  I guess I'll never know...

6. Did you know someone hit my car, got out and spoke with me and agreed to pull over to exchange information, then drove away?  Yep.  I'll tell you more about that later.

7. I met, and had conversations with, some pretty amazing people at the Sundance Film Festival -  Jerusha Hess (Austenland, Napoleon Dynamite, Nacho Libre, Gentleman Broncos) and Jim Rash (Community, The Descendants, The Way, Way Back).

8. Todd Bridges (Diff'rent Strokes) showed up at my beau's improv group, Quick Wits, and performed with them.  He's a nice, entertaining fellow and didn't knock anyone out for asking, "Whatchyou talkin' 'bout, Willis?"   And for any improv folks - he plays "Spit Take" like no one you've ever seen.

9. In a week and a half I get to meet three individuals I'm jumping out of my skin about.  I can't tell you two of them until after.  One of them is Terrance Mann - he originated the Broadway roles of Javert in Les Miserables, Beast in Beauty and the Beast, and Chauvelin in The Scarlet Pimpernel.  Yeah, I'm just a wee bit excited.  His version of "If I Can't Love Her" turns me into a puddle of goo.

10.  Raspberry Diet Coke from the Coke Freestyle machine is the best beverage on the planet.



2 comments:

Katie said...

for the record, I ADORE the sweet pickles on that cheeseburger. Which is $1.19 here in Vegas...
Which I ate for lunch this very day...

Miss Megan said...

I love all of these... all except #6 you being hit by a car >:(

# 10 Cherry vanilla diet coke is a close second.

#3 Do you choreograph, or simply have friends who do? You definitely have skills in all those other areas!

#9 I'm going to want details after the fact!!!