Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Son of a B Katydid

This past August I took leave to the Shakespeare Festival in Cedar City with some of my besties and my beau. 

Our last evening there, we walked to the car, gazing upon the twinkling stars and basking in the post-theater glow that us theater-lovers emit.

Upon the car rested an innocent little katydid.  I nudged the insect a little for it to move so as to not get squished in the door.  And move it did.  Lucas inspected his car - no katydid in sight.  This was the all-clear for Melissa to enter, as she has frightful fits about the bugs. 

I hear someone amusedly say, "Oh!  There's the Katydid! It's in the car!"

The next thing I know, I hear the most growly, masculine voice boom, "SON OF A B*@#!" as Melissa flew from the car like a bat out of Hades.

Ends up that exclamation came from Melissa.  Also ends up her fright may have given all of the rest of us laughing fits for at least the next ten minutes...making the extraction of the katydid all the more difficult and amusing.  Rest assured, there was no attack of a killer katydid and Melissa's heart rate has returned to normal. 





1 comment:

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

sigh.