Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Trusty Old Phone

I have had my cell phone for over three years now.
*gasp*
*shock*
I know.  Calm down.

This trusty little Verizon LG enV2 has served me well.  Sure I have to set all three alarms to make sure one goes off.  Sure, when the alarm does work, the phone shuts off and back on, but hey - the "powering on" noise still wakes me.

The best part?  A pretty useful mobile web that runs me only $5/month.

And I don't have to worry about anyone stealing my phone!  

I'll utilize lil enV2 for as long as it'll have me, but there is one big downfall...

When someone hands me their schmancy newfangled Droid or iPhone, I have no clue what I am doing and then those people laugh and undoubtedly think I'm some unintelligent technophobe.  Nope. I'm simply practical and budget wisely.

3 comments:

Shelli said...

This is the phone that I JUST got in December for my upgrade.

I liked my Juke better, but it broke and there was no where to go to replace it.

This phone serves me well, although, I'm not certain that the alarm actually goes off. Some days I think it does...

The salesguy made fun of me for loving my Juke and shunning all his fancy gadgets. I had to go to a different location to find this, simple and effective phone. I like it.

miss kristen said...

I like my iphone, but I miss my Nokia slider. I should have just stuck with that...

the only thing that sucks now is EVERYONE is transitioning to smart phones and the simple ones are harder and harder to find. lame.

Miss Megan said...

I support your decision not to upgrade until you have to. I gave up a wonderful, durable, reliable, low-tech phone after 3 and-a-half years. The new "fancy" phone broke in less than a month after I had dropped it three times (note: the previous phone had been dropped waaaay more than that without problem). I replaced it with an identical "fancy" phone and it broke after 1 drop.

I've been using a freakishly cheap phone for the last 18 months and it has worked just fine (no internet, but I don't mind). I'm finally due for an upgrade, and I'd love something that I could take photos and check the internet on, but I'm afraid to give up a reliable phone again...

If you love your phone, keep it! Don't let anyone make you feel dumb for sticking with one that works for you!