Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Seasonal Depression

Over the past few weeks, I've noticed too many mentions on friends' blogs, Facebook posts, and e-mails of seasonal depression.

I wish there were more I could do for all of you, I know it is rough, I know this is a real problem.

I don't think I've ever truly been affected negatively by the season.  True, I loudly, obnoxiously proclaim January to be the longest month of the year, however I find excitement even in that.  Only in the darkest, coldest month of the year do I have a perma-excuse to hole myself up and catch up on all the reading, movie watching, and kitty cat (or handsome man) snuggling I miss March through November.

You know the blue pill and the red pill from The Matrix?  Maybe I've accidentally taken some blue pill of optimism to believe whatever I want to believe, because, as of late, I'm ridiculously excited about every change around the corner. 

Sure, I can't wait for spring to hit at the end of winter, but I can't wait for fall at the end of summer, or for Christmas and snow at the end of fall....it is this endless cycle of anticipation and excitement!

For all of my friends who do experience seasonal depression, let us play together and I'll try to spread a little of the joy your direction.  Cause I love you like that, no matter what the season.

 

1 comment:

Kristie said...

To all those with seasonal depression, I say "go tanning!" Haha. It really works! If you're against tanning, get out in the sun, even if it's cold. Get some vitamin D.

I'm in the same boat as you though. Haha. I love all seasons.